CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Up-Cycled Coffee Table

I have this recent obsession with wood in my home. But not just any wood, I want the stuff that looks like it's been beat up and VERY worn. I LOVE it. Love the more "rustic" feel if gives to my home.
this project isn't really a DIY project but I now have a pretty neat up-cycled coffee table in my house that I did for under $10.00. Love the things I can get for inexpensive. PLUS this coffee table will last me a lot longer than that silly pressed wood that you would be spending $50.00 for. Especially when you have two small children like me :-) Here are some pictures, Enjoy!

 
Things you will need
  • Wire spool (hubby got ours from the local electrical supply yard)
  • Any color of stain you want
  • Paint Brush
 
Here is a picture of the "table" while being stained
My stain job is less than perfect, I wanted to give it an "aged" look
 
Here is the difference between the two wire spools the one on the left we are going to leave outside as a table to sit at. It's quite a bit bigger than my "coffee table"
 
Now to let it dry
 
 
See the stamp marks, the different color wood, even where the nails have been driven in, love the old-used look :-)
 
A picture of it in my living room although I really need something pretty to put in the center of the table. Maybe that will be my next DIY craft project :-)
 
I toyed with the idea of taking a hammer to the table, or a chain, or even a bag of screws to make it look beat up before I stained it. I decided not to do it and just go ahead and stain it. Boy am I glad I didn't do that to this table. After staining it, it really showed it's imperfections. Looks just fine to me
:-)
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

I recently found this post about your cool coffee table and I LOVE it!! It is so cool!!

I am wondering if you would mind if I feature it in the article I am writing for SheKnows? I would like to use 1 photo and a link back to your blog post about it for an article I am writing for them about unique coffee table ideas!

I am on kind of a tight deadline, so if you wouldn't mind letting me know either way, that would be FABULOUS!

Thanks so much and I hope you have a lovely day!

~Ashley
Simply Designing

First time Mommy! said...

Hi Ashley, I'm sorry I didn't see your comment here until now. I'm so bummed out!

Post a Comment